Documentation of VIRTUAL content
As a fundamental requirement for the useability of the contents, a decent documentation of the project results has a high priority in Project VIRTUAL. Therefore, any Public content on the OpenVT platform must be documented in a way to make its application as straightforward as possible to external users!
Guidelines how to document your content:
- The place for the documentation is in a dedacted folder on the repository. This makes sure that your documentation makes use of the full functionality and version control of Git.
- Possible file formats: Markdown and Jupyiter notebooks.
- Specify exactly the requirements of your content (e.g., necessary software or packages including versions thereof).
- Apart from user manuals, also provide step by step instructions how to get started and examples working out-of-the-box
- Specify how the users can reach you to give feedback and ask for support. The OpenVT platform provides an issue tracking board on each project for this purpose.
- Encourage your collaborators and contributors to document their contributions in the same way.
- As an example for how the documentation please check out the VIVA+ project